HCSS WEST Public Release for School Meals at No Charge


Every child needs a healthy, nutritious meal to learn. Hampden Charter School of Science West (HCSS) will be part of the Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) application, through the National School Lunch Program (NSLP).

The CEP Program ensures that all students under the age of 18 will receive school breakfast and lunch daily at no charge. Additionally, schools that participate in CEP will no longer be required to collect meal applications to determine student eligibility for meals.

Any parent/guardian who needs assistance with this program should contact Matt Basarir, CFO, matt@hampdencharter.org for more information. School officials can also be reached at our toll-free number 1-844-509-9090. Any parents who need to speak Spanish please call Rose Flores at 413-278-5470

Does my family qualify? Yes

Do I need to fill out an application form? No

USDA Nondiscrimination Statement

 In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits.

Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing, or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English. To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form.

To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights 1400 Independence Avenue, SW Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) email: program.intake@usda.gov.

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.